Making of Small Powerful Water Pump School Project is a creative idea for a School and Science Fair project. Water Pump is Increase Pressure of Incoming water. Human Heart also Working Like Pump. In this blog, I show you step by step process to build a small Powerful water pump School project at home.
POWERFUL WATER PUMP SCHOOL PROJECT
Before starting making a powerful water pump school project blog we need to know some physics about a pump.
There are two type of turbomachinery
The pump adds the energy to the incoming fluid, that’s mean that it will increase the pressure energy and reduce a velocity of the fluid. The pump is Energy Consuming device. it needs the power to work on the fluid.
Main Parts of Centrifugal Water Pump:-
- Casing (Housing)
- Suction & Discharge Pipe
The Turbine is taking energy from the incoming fluid, that’s mean that it will reduce the pressure energy of the fluid. Turbine is Energy Producing device. That takes energy from fluid and transferred to mechanical energy by rotating shaft.
Our DIY Project is Water Pump so we focus on it.
Tools to be used:-
- Electric Drill machine
- Mini Hand Hacksaw
- Soldering Iron
- Hot Glue Gun
- Marking Pen
- Screw Driver
Material to be used:-
- 12v DC Motor
- 12v battery
- PVC Reducing Coupling- 50 x 32 mm
- PVC Reducing Coupling- 32 x 20 mm
- Elbow – 0.5″
- PVC Cap – 50 mm
- Aluminum Plate – 1.5 to 2 mm
- wooden Piece
- Syringe – 2.5 ml
In the above material list number from 3 to 10 buy it from the nearest hardware shop. in Amazon, it’s very expensive to buy.
STEP: 1 POWERFUL WATER PUMP
First, see our youtube video to understand easily all the below step.
STEP: 2 CASING
The casing is the main parts of a water pump. if the casing is not leak proof than your pump never gives a good amount of pressure at outlet pipe. The casing also called as a housing of the pump.
we need two opening for inlet and outlet pipe in a casing.
follow the below step for making of a casing.
1 Hole in the 50 mm PVC cap as per the size of your motor. so it can be fit tightly ( Big hole diameter is 12mm ).
2. Cut the below parts of the cap to attach with reducing coupling with the help of hand hacksaw. ( To marking you have to rotate cap with respect to marking pen ).
3. Take PVC reducing coupling (50 x 32 mm), and cut the same thickness already we cut in a cap. so the cap will be inserted at one end of reducing coupling.
4. Take a small pipe for an outlet of the pump. For this, we need to cut this pipe at an angle so it will easily fit in round reducing coupling.
5. Now time to make a hole on reducing coupling for outlet pipe. Put the pipe on reducer and mark it. make a hole with the help of a drill machine to make the hole.
6. Attach outlet pipe with the reducing coupling with the help of hot glue gun.
STEP: 3 IMPELLER ( BLADE )
The impeller is part of the water pump who take the water from an inlet and discharge at the outlet with higher pressure.
Here, we need to rotate the impeller by electricity or any battery. that’s why water pump is an energy consuming device.
We take small size Aluminium thin plate. Cut the blade as per above picture shaded area shown and by banding make impeller. Do one hole for shaft at the center of the aluminum plate.
In this project, we use the end parts of the syringe as a shaft of a water pump.
STEP: 4 SHAFT
The shaft is the parts of a water pump which join the motor and impeller.
The diameter of a shaft is different at both the end. so find syringe whose one end goes inside the shaft of a motor and other end goes inside impeller hole.
STEP: 5 LEAK-PROOF
The water pump is must be leak proof. We use old rubber (bike tire tube) to make it leak proof. it is working like a seal.
STEP: 6 POWER
To rotate motor we need a 12v battery or 12v DC Power Adapter.
STEP: 7 ASSEMBLY
Now times to join all the parts step by step as per our youtube video.
Attach this assembly with a wooden block by C-Clamp. Also, insert pipe and elbow to make the inlet and outlet pipe.
Other Science Fair Project Blog Read here.